viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

J.T.C - Creep Acid - Nation Records


09. DOM FM: Devil Mix

"I wanted to write tracks with multiple phasing phrases, and to improvise. I started to accumulate some machines that I've always wanted;a TR-909, a TB-303, and an SH-101 that I picked up during a tour in Tokyo. I assembled my studio in an apartment that I shared with D'marc Cantu in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Since I wanted to convey a live, improvised feel, I wasn't programming pattern sequences or writing songs with distinct parts. I achieved this goal because D'marc was kind enough to lend me a hand when I needed it on the machines.When, eventually, we collaborated in that studio, we became 2AM/FM. We wrote the EPs; "Pt. 1","Pt.2", and the tracks; "Don't Front!!!", and "Electronic Justice" there. For years I shared my living space with fellow young people. Though I didn't go to college, I did my fair share of partying and consider those my "college days." This was my environment at the time that I recorded Creep Acid. I was making music in a haze of smoke. I was indulgent and pleased. Acid house is what drove me to these machines, but once I got there I was only thinking about enjoying the fruits of improvisation and crude techniques." James T Cotton

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario